What can you say about 2019 Election? is Atiku the right man for Nigeria?

What can you say about 2019 Election? is Atiku the right man for Nigeria?


An interview with Jeff Unaegbu

A man respect so much have this to say about Atiku.

ATIKU IS HUMANE
On March 6, 2007, I was supposed to be in time for camp, but I was not, due to factors created by an unstable nation at the time. But in the early morning of March 7, 2007, a few graduates and I were stranded at the cordoned entrance of the NYSC camp, Kaiama, Bayelsa State. We were not allowed in because we were some hours late for camp. I brought out my phone and dialled Atiku's number. I thought it was a fake. I had gotten it from a unionist during my days as the Editor-in-Chief of the Students Union Government of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The number went through!
Soon, he picked up and I began talking quickly, somewhat unbelievingly, "Good morning Your Excellency!"

I did not pause to hear him acknowledge my greeting. I felt any pause may cause a break in the build-up of rapport between us.
"Please, Your Excellency, I am a graduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I was posted to Bayelsa for Youth Service. Because of delay in getting money to buy all I need for camp, I arrived late. Now, I and others have been locked out for coming late for camp. This directive has been enforced all over the nation. As a former Unionist, I represent over 150,000 students from the southeast, and we are solidly behind you! Please Sir, we need to serve our country. Help us talk to the Director General, NYSC."

"My friend," Atiku's voice was unmistakable, "I no longer attend the Federal Executive Council meetings. You know my problem.... So I don't have much hold on activities. But let me see. Let me reach the DG. Thank you for calling."

"Thank you Sir!" I shouted, and looked around me, seeing for the first time, the unbelieving eyes of my fellow NYSC candidates. They had listened on our conversation. Now, everyone waited to see its effect.

Within thirty minutes, a soldier walked to the gates and opened it for us!
I don't know what happened, but I cant help but believe that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar actually called the Director General of the NYSC, even though he was not in a good mood because of his personal troubles with Aso Rock. Alhaji Atiku understood our plight as the then Vice President, and had to instruct the NYSC to allow us serve Nigeria. We were about thirty at the gate. Multiply this number by thirty-six as representing the thirty-six States of Nigeria, and you will have one thousand and eighty candidates!

That day helped me to have a glimpse into who the man really is.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Pages

Theme Support

Need our news follow us on facebook,twitter, instagram, youtube or for recent news Contact us: https://unnwifi.blogspot.com/ with details about the news you need.